Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fail by Rail

I tried to catch an Amtrak train into Dallas, TX in hopes of being able to write about the experience and its bicycle compatibilities (I do dream of one day owning a Brompton, Dahon or Moulton AR). However, upon my arrival at the station an hour away from home I found out that the train was delayed five hours away due to a freight derailment. So, I canceled the ticket and drove back home. I'll have to save that piece of reportage for a later date.

In the meantime, I've been marveling at all the wonderful pictures here, at a blog about broken carbon fiber. I have never planned on owning a carbon fiber frame as I don't race, value utility greatly and expect a relatively long usable life from the products I grudging spend what little money i have on; so chromoly steel is probably the most exotic frame material I'll ever consider. This blog and its pictures/horror stories did not enhance my opinion of the use of carbon in the bicycling industry (I live in Louisiana and need my bike to be able to withstand the rigorous trial of road kill), but they have been exceptionally entertaining. Here's to the need of others to own the latest and greatest and to suffer also fantastically new, never before seen catastrophes. May the wealthy always be so unwise with there money, we poor people need something to laugh at.

No comments:

Post a Comment