Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The New Weird.

I went to River City Cycling on Youree drive today and was able to order the MKS dust caps that I need for the Franklin (they were $1 more than online, but better to give that business to someone local). While there I got to test ride a Cannondale that is $980 worth of bad-ass, the Cannondale Hooligan 3. Cursing my poverty I marveled at its absolutely beautiful and bizare lines; it's built like a folding bike but does not collapse. It has twenty inch wheels but could accommodate someone well larger than my 6' frame. Completely weird and completely my kind of bike except that it's aluminum; though if I had a thousand dollars I could just throw away I'd probably be willing to buy its novelty anyway. Here's a picture from the Cannondale website:




The one at River City was matte black with grey/white reflective lettering and details. I prefer this white, red and black color scheme; it looks like a communist propaganda bike. With an aesthetic like this maybe the Reds could have ideologically defeated capitalism (by turning heads).

No comments:

Post a Comment