Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just Another Saturday Morning.

I had joyous reason to wake up and ride again this past Saturday morning, The Highland Blues and Jazz Festival. A group of friends and I took off from Starbucks on Line Avenue and headed for the show at Columbia Park.














Trading bikes for a bit.










I'm ashamed to admit that I did not listen to that much of the music. I mostly just socialized. Had a few beers and kicked around a bit; ate some excellent Caribbean food (which I did not know anyone in Shreveport cooked). There was also reputed to be very good Indian food provided by India's (Youree Drive), though I did not get to try any of that. Then we walked to Columbia Cafe for more beer.


This is Highland's memorial.

Later, one down, we rode for home.



I have to say it was a fun day. Though I think the rides (to and from the festival) were my favorite parts.

On a more somber note, while joking in my last post about my bicycle crank boasting coffee stains I was horrified to realize from the photo that one of my pedals had lost its dust cap. I retraced my route but was unable to locate it and a replacement Campagnolo branded dust cap is nigh $30. To my salvation and to the shame of my Campagnolo pedals, they will now have to bare the brand MKS on their dust caps; as MKS's dust caps are only $3 and Campy compatible.

No comments:

Post a Comment