Friday, September 18, 2009

An almost new Peugeot.

Finally finished the Peugeot up today and it has been a good learning experience. It's nice to have something constructive to do. The test ride was quite fun and I hope to return it to it's rightful owner on Sunday.

The Cane Creek hoods fit the Mafac "Racer" cantilever brakes well enough.



 Though, I did have a problem with one of the old cable guides. One of the two original brass cable guides from the old hoods was broken. I bought two barrel adjusters and filed them down and thread-locked them to fit.





I just hope that the aluminum is strong enough not to break after being filed down so much.

Here are some of the shots of the end product:









The brake cables come up a little high. I cut them to the original length and may shorten them later. This might just be a feature of older bikes  because the cables on my father's vintage Raleigh look to be up at a similar height.

I hope that it will be kept out of the weather now.




No comments:

Post a Comment