Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Saturday Morning.

A self portrait racing down Creswell Avenue.
My dad and I got up at 7 to try and beat the heat on a ride to Shreveport's Farmer's Market.
My dad on the vintage Raleigh I bought him for his birthday/father's day.
The ride was a lot of fun. The Farmer's Market turned out to be not that bad either. It was bigger than I expected though not so well attended. 
 
  
 
 I got a peach pie and a $3 smoothie made in a vintage Vita-mixer 3600 or 4000. The mixer was probably over 30 years old; my dad recognized what it was. Both of these food items were excellent. And there was a lot more to try but I'm a man of limited means. All in all it was a pretty good reminder that life here isn't always so murderous. The rest of the day I worked on the Peugeot, which is slowly winning me over.
Damaged axle.
Dirtiest freewheel ever soiled by man?
Rim before.
 Rim after some steel wool and machine oil.
 
 Just a few more hours and new parts...

No comments:

Post a Comment