Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Everything Old is New Again; The Art of Staying Young

What do I aspire to really?

 
Is it two-car garage suburban comfort and safety, or something more? Do I always have to look so relentlessly to securing my future, or can I take a weekend off and bring back a little of the old me?
  
I say yes! I say that sometimes you have to just indulge the undying boyish part of your soul that will forever love fun. Sometimes you just have to stake-up a papier-mâché turkey in your best friends front yard to (ersatz) burn in effigy to the real ones you and he used to put in other people's yards almost ten years ago in high school (and try not to even think about him and the rest of them owning homes now, having careers now, and being too old now for these pranks you still play).

But, maybe that's just because I've got nothing better to do...Maybe that's just because I have no faith in this future I am pursuing, whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment